Pearl Project aims at promoting young migrants participation to decision
making processes and European
societies democratic life.
Our mission is pursued with the cooperation of partners, institutions and non-profit organizations.
The objectives and overarching aim of the PEARL project is aligned with the two priorities of promoting active citizenship, and young people’s sense of initiative; as well as promote common values, civic engagement and participation.
PEARL seeks to promote the participation of migrants and refugees youth in the decision making process and EU democratic life in general. Migrant and refugees youth constitute a large segment of European societies that will continue to grow therefore it is of paramount importance to strengthen their citizenship capital, build their confidence and belonging to play an active role in their communities.
The project objectives are:
- Develop and apply novel educational resources and approaches for enhancing the participation of young migrants and refugees in democratic processes
- Equip young migrants with the skills to use novel digital democracy tools to spearhead their democratic participation
- Enhance their relevant soft skills to assist them in participating in structured and formal events al procedures
- Increase the capacity of youth workers, CSOs and other actors in promoting migrant youth participation in decision making processes and democratic life.
- Engage and empower young migrants and refugees by providing them with a youth led participatory space to shape and spread their positions on key policies and on their future.
RESULT 1: E-COURSE TO EMPOWER YOUTH MIGRANTS CIVIC AND POLITICAL PARTICIPATION
–Pearl has arranged online meetings with young migrants and refugees between 18 and 30 to highlight needs and aspirations. During these meetings, participants shared their feelings and thoughts regarding the project and its development. It will be useful to define the e-course to empower the recipients civic and political participation skills.
–An online course has been prepared by Pearl to achieve two main goals. The first aim is for learners to have a good grasp of the democratic processes and their local, national and european levels. The second part of the training is for presenting case studies and scenario-based exercises and activities in order to teach young people how they can participate in political and civic life, along with giving them the tools to enhance their soft skills.
RESULT 2: TOOLBOX FOR YOUTH WORKERS TO EMPOWER YOUTH MIGRANT POLITICAL AND CIVIC PARTICIPATION
– A toolbox has been created by PEARL to first of all systematize and offer in a practical and coherent way the state of the art in promoting migrant and refugee political participation. This will include: presentation and analysis of best practices; references to key legal and policy documents at national and European level; a battery of online resources that they can use; as well as activity plans and exercises to apply in their work.
RESULT 3: CREATE A DIGITAL PARTICIPATORY SPACE TO ENCOURAGE YOUTH MIGRANT IN THE E-PARTICIPATION
–A digital participatory space will be youth-led and will be run and moderated by migrant and refugee young people. Using this space, it will be produced an online magazine.
plans and exercises to apply in their work.